The Barns Café Saturday Team Member (Paid)
We are recruiting two paid team members to work in the café on Saturdays, alongside other paid staff and volunteers. The role involves preparing and serving hot and cold drinks and food items; taking orders and payments from customers; clearing, cleaning and washing up duties; and providing friendly and efficient customer service. You would be expected to work in all areas of the café as required.
The successful candidates will have:
- Work regularly on Saturdays from 8.30am to 2.30pm.
- Undertake cafe tasks efficiently and effectively, following café procedures and instructions from the shift supervisor and managers.
- Maintain food hygiene and cleanliness.
- Communicate effectively with customers and provide high levels of customer service.
- Work as part of a team, maintaining a friendly and welcoming atmosphere in the café in sympathy with the café’s aims.
Christ Church is a lively and growing Anglican church in north Abingdon, Oxfordshire. Part of the church’s ministry to the community is a thriving café business which has run profitably for almost 5 years.
The vision of the Café is to be a welcoming place that is a pleasure to come to which demonstrates the love and values of Jesus and which succeeds as a business
Is this for you?
We offer competitive terms and conditions. The café is currently closed on Saturdays in August and we would consider flexible working on other days of the week during August.
Find out more give us a call on 01235 539172 asking for Hannah our Café Manager.
Please complete and return the application form and equal opportunities monitoring form to:
Christine Talbot, Administrator, at the church office:
Christ Church, Northcourt Road, Abingdon, Oxon, OX14 1PL,
email@example.com or (01235) 539172.